Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Is Tyler Carter Forming A New Band With Other Ex- Woe Is Me Members?

A rumor floating around the internet is that Tyler Carter (ex-Woe Is Me vocalist) might be forming a new band with the members that recently quit (Ben Ferris, vocals/keys, Michael Bohn, vocals and Cory Ferris, bass). Rumors of this new band forming started when Carter posted some tweets that hinted to a new band, and mentioned Bohn and the Ferris brothers in the tweets. I will be the first to say that I hope that these rumors are true. If the rumors are true, then I will be beyond excited since I am a huge fan of Woe Is Me's debut album Number[s] which featured the original lineup. I am a huge fan between the chemistry between the vocals of Carter, Bohn and Ferris which helped make Number[s] an amazing album and which helped to catapult Woe Is Me to the top of the heavy music scene. As I said in my post about the recent departures, it is possible that other former Woe Is Me members like guitarist Tim Sherrill could join up with Carter, Bohn and the Ferris brothers since it is speculated that drummer Austin Thorton was the cause of all the tension in the band and could be responsible for the string of departures. If this band does happen then it could mean that Tyler Carter is going to have to put his solo career and his plan to be the next Usher on hold, which I'm fine with because I would rather listen to Carter singing in a band than as an R&B/pop solo artist (Don't get me wrong his solo songs are good, it's not my number one choice of music to listen to.). I'll keep my fingers crossed and hopefully this rumored band will actually happen, in the meantime click here to read the tweets that Carter sent out.

No comments:

Post a Comment