Thursday, March 8, 2012

Woe For Woe Is Me

It's a sad day for fans of Woe Is Me as the once seven piece band has now lost three members. As of March 7th, vocalist Michael Bohn, Vocalist/keyboardist Ben Ferris and bassist Cory Ferris are no longer a part of Woe Is Me. As a huge fan of Woe Is Me, this is devastating news. Just this past summer, Woe Is Me suffered the loss of vocalist Tyler Carter and lead guitarist Geoffrey Higgins but were able to rebound with the addition vocalist Hance Alligood and lead guitarist Andrew Paiano ( in my opinion, Paiano was not really the best choice for lead guitarist because he is unable to play some of the lead parts which resulted in him also playing the rhythm part. Basically it is like the band has two rhythm guitarists in the band.). One of the reasons I am a huge fan of Woe Is Me is because of their unique decision to have three vocalist, which made their music and their live shows all the more awesome. I personally loved the chemistry between vocalist Michael Bohn and vocalist/keyboardist Ben Ferris. Bohn and Ferris would employ dual screams (Bohn would do the highs while Ferris did the lows) which would blend together really well which made their music all the more intense. This past summer at Warped Tour, I had the pleasure to meet Michael and Ben and I have to admit they are two of the nicest, down to earth guys I know unlike most guys in bands who are stuck up. I do not just speak for myself but for all fans of Woe Is Me when I say that Ben, Michael and Cory will be missed. I will still be a fan of Woe Is Me even though they suffered a hard loss and it will be hard to replace Bohn and Ferris on vocals.  Michael, Ben and Cory all plan to continue making music and I can guess that the three of them will start up their own band. One guess that I could make is that former Woe Is Me guitarists Tim Sherrill and Geoffrey Higgins could join up with them since they all left WIM because they did not get along with some members of the band ( which is the same reason why Bohn and the Ferris brothers left the band). To read a full statement from Ben Ferris click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment