Monday, February 20, 2012

Happy Birthday To Kurt Cobain, A Music Legend

Today is the birthday of Nirvana frontman Kurt Cobain, a man who has had a monumental impact on the music scene. Cobain and Nirvana changed the rock/ alternative music with their unique sound and were on of the major players in the grunge movement. Their hit single "Smells Like Teen Spirit" is the most well known song and dominated the charts. The music video for "Smells Like Teen Spirit" is one of the most well known music videos. Personally Nirvana's music has influenced me greatly. I grew up listening to bands like Nirvana and their music is one of the reasons that led me to pick up a guitar and learn to play. I wanted to be in a band and one day hopefully write amazing songs like Kurt Cobain did. Still to this day I still listen to Nirvana and play their songs on guitar. Happy 37th birthday Kurt Cobain, may your music still influence many generations to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment