Thursday, February 16, 2012

Can Of Mice & Men Rebound

After losing vocalist/ bassist Shayley Bourget last week will Of Mice & Men be able to recover after the loss?  Many times when a band loses their vocalist, their sound usually is not the same and their new music is not as amazing as it was before. Personally, i believe that the guys in Of Mice & Men will be able to recover from this loss and come back better than ever. I'm not going to lie, I was upset when I read about Bourget's departure because there was something special with his voice that made me want to keep playing their songs on repeat. The energy that he brought to their live performances was amazing and I'm glad I got to see them live several times. However the band still plans on moving forward and are currently working on some new songs according to their Facebook. As long as vocalist Austin Carlile is still part of OM&M, the band is still going to be amazing and I'll still be a fan. As of right now, there has not been an announcement for who will be Bourget's replacement, if there is going to be one. If I got to choose anyone to be Bourget's  replacement, I would choose ex- Confide vocalist/drummer Joel Piper since his voice complimented the band nicley. This past November Piper covered for Bourget for a tour, which I had the pleasure to attend, and was amazing.
                                           Joel Piper filling in on bass and vocals

No comments:

Post a Comment