Sunday, April 15, 2012

Up And Coming Bands: Make Me Famous

There are a lot of new bands hitting the scene each year and I personally feel that one of the hottest new bands on the scene right now is Make Me Famous. Hailing from Ukraine, Make Me Famous was able to make an impact in the United States thanks to sites like Youtube and Facebook. The band started when Vocalist/guitarist Denis Shaforostov decided to post videos of him singing to Youtube and gained a fanbase from those videos. Using the fame that he got from Youtube, Shaforostov decided it was time to form a band and that's how Make Me Famous was formed. The band then used Facebook to gain a lot of attention and become one of the quickest rising unsigned bands since Woe Is Me. Make Me Famous have not been touring for a long time, and I have had the pleasure of seeing them twice already. The first time I saw them was on their first tour ever with I See Stars back in January and I just recently saw them this past Friday when they came to New York City with A Skylit Drive. I was impressed with these guys the very first time I saw them back in January and I could tell how passionately they wanted to make a name for themselves just by watching their performance. Another reason why I feel that Make Me Famous is going to make it in this music scene is because of their sound. Make Me Famous combines elements of hardcore, metal and electronic to create a sound that is unique and nowhere near generic ( I'm not going to lie a lot of bands in the heavy genres sound alike, but Make Me Famous is able to stand out). For more information on Make Me Famous click here. Also if you're heading out to the Bamboozle music festival this year, then you should check out Make Me Famous who were just recently added for Saturday May 18th. 

No comments:

Post a Comment